Custom chat tags not working?

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	local tags = Instance.new("Folder",plr)
	tags.Name = "Tags"
	if plr.Name == "SelectedArctic" then
		local newTag = Instance.new("IntValue",tags)
		newTag.Name = "Developer"
		local chatColor = Instance.new("Color3Value",newTag)
		chatColor.Name = "ChatColor"
		chatColor.Value = BrickColor.new("New Yeller").Color
		local tagColor = Instance.new("Color3Value",newTag)
		tagColor.Name = "tagColor"
		tagColor.Value = Color3.fromRGB(255,255,255)
	end
end)

Not working plus with all the chat modules inside “Chat”, not sure if i did something wrong?

This is clearly not your issue. It’d be helpful if you provided more information, such as if your console is throwing errors. I suspect you’re using another system to facilitate addition of chat tags based on this setup; if you could provide that as well, that’d help a lot.

On another note, avoid using the parent property when instancing new objects.

I think I found the YouTube tutorial that you got this script from. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that the tutorial was this one: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RA745HfDc-0&feature=youtu.be
In that tutorial, it said that there was a certain free model you had to get that included the edited chat modules.

Random, just dont download free models! as they can contain viruses to slow down your game.

1 Like

Free models can contain “viruses” in them but if you got basic lua knowledge you should be fine. With removal of private modules viruses can’t be hidden anymore.

2 Likes

Yes thats the video i watched and did the script but didn’t work i didn’t use the FM because it gave me something different so i did it on my own still not working though.

You could always use ChatSpeaker:SetExtraData() for the tags instead.

Here is the module I use for custom chat tags:

local players = { -- the key inside the brackets is the UserId
	[87763225] = {title = '[Owner]', priority = 5, color = Color3.fromRGB(0, 255, 255), color0 = Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255)}, -- color0 is the secondary color
    [88754233] = {title = '[Scripter]', priority = 4, color = Color3.fromRGB(0, 255, 127), color0 = Color3.fromRGB(0, 255, 127)},
}

local saves = {}

function sendInfo(player)

local info = saves[player.UserId] 
	if not info then
		local priority = 0
		for key, value in pairs(players) do
			if player.UserId == key and value.priority > priority then
				info = {title = value.title, color = value.color, color0 = value.color0}
				priority = value.priority
			end
		end	

if info == nil then
			info = "placeholder"
		end	

saves[player.UserId] = info 
		return info
	else
		return info
	end
end

return sendInfo

And here is an example of how it should be set up:

Here is a model:
https://www.roblox.com/library/3842089443/ChatTag-Modules

If you need help changing the color, UserID, and string to your specific use case, just send a reply.

2 Likes