Custom Jump Animation not Playing Properly

Hi all! I’m trying to make a custom jumping animation for my game that uses R6 avatars.

Here is a GIF of what’s happening in the Animation Editor:
JumpR6 Animation

Here is a GIF of what’s happening when I play:
JumpR6 Animation In Game

If you can’t tell the difference, I want the arms to be pointed all the way up vertically when the player jumps. In the animation editor, this is what happens. But in the game, the arms never reach peak verticality. Not sure if this is because the Falling animation overrides the Jump animation, so I made the jump animation short.

I followed previous posts’ advice and changed the Animate.jump.JumpAnim.AnimationId to the ID of the jump animation that I made, I also made a script that changes the AnimationId in the animate script when a player’s character loads. Here is the script:

local jumpAnimationId = "rbxassetid://15616021396"

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local function onCharacterAdded(char)
	local humanoid = char:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")

local animateScript = char:WaitForChild("Animate")

animateScript.jump.JumpAnim.AnimationId = jumpAnimationId
end

local function onPlayerAdded(plr)
	plr.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:Connect(onCharacterAdded)
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(onPlayerAdded)

I even copied the Animate script from when I test played in Studio, put that script in StarterCharacterScripts, and changed the jump animation within the script to my AnimationId as well as the jump.JumpAnim.AnimationId to the new animation ID. Nothing works.

This is all under a group’s game and the animations are being uploaded to the group so that I can use these custom animations for all my games under my group.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated! I have no clue what else to do at this point.

Figured it out, the falling animation was messing with it. I had to make a new falling animation and make the jump animation shorter and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.