Custom keyboard to allow Xbox users to chat, allowed or not?

As some of you may know, Xbox users currently lack a built-in chat feature in Roblox, limiting their ability to engage with others in various games, including our beloved hangout game. To tackle this issue, I’m considering the development of a custom on-screen keyboard designed exclusively for Xbox users in our hangout game.

The main goal is to promote seamless communication and camaraderie among all players, irrespective of their platform. However, before diving into development, I wanted to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this initiative.

Your expertise and experiences are highly valuable to me. So, I’m reaching out to the community to gather feedback on this proposed custom Xbox keyboard solution. I’d like to ensure that it aligns with Roblox guidelines and doesn’t breach any terms of service.

so in conclusion, Custom keyboard for Xbox users, allowed or not?

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be allowed.

4 Likes

Roblox Studio (preview) doesn’t show any more Xbox Guidelines when consoles are being enabled in the Game Settings, and Roblox doesn’t really enforce the Xbox Guidelines anymore since there now Age Ratings and almost no cases of that happening.

It’s my guess that it’s allowed.

4 Likes

Didn’t notice that, my bad

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.