Custom kick screens

Hello , I am working on a project. I do want a custom kick screen. Is there an ability to do that?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, there’s currently no option to create a custom kick screen. The best you can do is to pass through a reason for being kicked with the player:Kick() function:

player:Kick("you suck please leave")
11 Likes

Oh thanks for the answer. I guess I can stick with that.

Could you display a GUI right before the player is kicked?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of the old red kick screen.

1 Like

The actual kick screen draws over every other GUI, so no.

4 Likes

This technically wouldn’t kick the player, but you could create a system where the player’s character is removed, their respawn is disabled, a gui appears on their screen for the custom kick screen and their chat is disabled.

1 Like

If you want to be able to customize it, the native kick gui DOES support newlines. I’ve used this fact to make something that looks like this (which looks way better imo):

Play around a bit and see what you can come up with.

7 Likes

You can only change the message it sends, not the entire screen. I think he is looking for more of a custom screen. The old kick system let the ability to have custom screens.

Yes, but since that has already been discussed in this thread, I’m offering a way to (somewhat but not really) improve the existing one, since that’s all that can be done at this point.

You could teleport the player to a place, which is a part of that game, with the custom screen. (Using TeleportService)
Edit: make sure you teleport from the server.

3 Likes

You could make a custom kick screen and use a remote event then once you want to kick the player fire the event although you would still have to have the default kick screen after.

Edit:
You could also use teleport service (which someone said) and make a custom loading screen.

You could make the Kick Screen GUI appear and just crash the player or something, I know this isn’t the best idea, but its all we got.

4 Likes