Custom Mesh Animations not working

What is the issue?

I have a custom skinned mesh model for a pathfinding system. However for some reason the animations won’t work/play. I will pay robux if you can solve this fr because I can’t find a solution.

Before you answer:

• The animations are owned by me
  • No errors
  • Playing animations like normal
  • Humanoid type = R6
3 Likes

You should not need to pay people to help you on the Devforum as most of the time people who know how to help will help you out for free.

To get a quick and helpful response, I would recommend providing more details, including scripts, images, or videos demonstrating what exactly your issue is.

3 Likes

Recently I tried animating a chest in Blender and the animation editor wouldn’t detect its joints. At first I think I was using just bones and not a weighted armature, but when I applied the armature with fixed weights it seemed to work in studio. Are you animating them in Blender? If not, are you animating them in the editor and they’re playing there but not in game?

2 Likes

Sure thing, this is what it looks like currently. Currently, I am using the default roblox Animation script but as a script and not a localscript inside of the character model. I also tried manually playing the animations via my Payhfinding script but it just acts as if it plays it but no animations are actually played.

Hello!

The animations are made in roblox studio. And regardless they seem to play there but not in the game like you said.

This is an NPC right? Are you using an AnimationController or Animator, since AnimationControllers are deprecated. Have you put the animation IDs in the animate script? If you have, try changing their animation priorities to either Core or Movement

I have a Animator inside of both humanoid and inside of the AnimationController. Animation priority isn’t the issue either since I have manually tried playing animations using Action4 as priority. Hmm

Have you tried ActionPriorities? Maybe that’s the cause.
May we see how you handle animations btw?

I’ve tried changing animation priorities. It doesn’t have anything with the script to do I’m pretty sure. Everything “runs” like normal as if the animations are playing and it prints it just doesn’t actually play the animation on the character. It has previously worked nothing is changed except the rig. I don’t know how to troubleshoot it either.

Have you checked for the animation playback state?

Solution!

Delete the AnimationController!

For someone reason the AnimationController seems to interefere with the animations or the animations are played on the AnimationController instead of the humanoids Animator.

Simply delete the AnimationController and hopefully those with a similar issue in the future will find this helpful!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.