Custom Model Animation Kinematics exported from blender to roblox not working properly

As you can see from the two videos, (looking especially at the arms and legs) in the blender animation, the legs and arms don’t move and stay flat on the ground. However, when exported to roblox, the arms and legs move for whatever reason. We did some testing and the legs don’t move unless we move the torso, in which case the entire body moves, but it doesn’t move in blender because we have ik constraints. Why is it different on roblox than in blender?

2 Likes

You probably baked your animation wrong, if it isn’t the same as it is in Blender. Although I’m unfamiliar with animations, that’s generally how it works with materials.

It’s 100% exactly the same model in roblox and blender

I’m saying you may have baked the animation wrong. Not the model. You did bake the IK into keyframes, right?

I’m pretty sure I did but just to make sure, what are you referring to? I’ve rigged and animated like this many times before, this is the first time I am encountering this issue, but nothing is different from this time and previous times. I also noticed that whenever I move a bone in a certain place (like how I usually do), this time it doesn’t move in the roblox animation, it just stays in the same default place from the rig.

Again I have no experience with animating, but I assume you need to bake all the physics into an animation. You may have baked it with IK disabled for tor something.

Hi,

Did you fogure this out? If so what was the issue?

Thanks

NO IDEA! model got thrown out cuz it didn’t work! Works on other models though /shrug, but literally nothing is different between this model and other models, so I literally couldn’t tell you why or even make an assumption.