Custom Place Templates

As a Roblox developer, I would love the option to create custom place templates and open them in-studio through the templates tab.

@Noble_Draconian has created this really professional baseplate template that I would love to use often, but it is currently a hassle as I have to open my file folder and then search through all my downloads to specifically open this template.

Init_Dark.rbxl (22.8 KB)

As described above, opening a place file from my computer’s file folder is quite a hassle and I’d like to add this place into the list of templates within studio.

This feature would allow me to:

1. More easily open a place file that I want to readily open,
  2. Not have to leave Roblox Studio to open a particular place file, and,
  3. An easy way to organize places- my computer does not show icon previews of the place.

To repeat, I want to have the ability to add my own templates into Roblox Studio.

Thank you.

52 Likes

Bump, ive have a few template places i use for when i want to start a game, they are all properly setup with modules required properly, folders made, and more. Rather than having to copy a local file being able to just select from new tab would be amazing!

4 Likes

I would actually like to have this myself. That way I can have assets that are ready to go in a new map for my game. The source could be either a file or the asset Id of a published place (marked private of course). As it stands, I have to copy the file, change the name, then open it.