Custom Rig Animations not playing correctly

Hey, so I had gotten my custom rig animated, and it looks great in animation editor.
However when I hit play it just doesn’t seem to play right at all.

Here’s a gyazo video of me comparing the animation from the animation editor to actual play-testing.
https://gyazo.com/fc19df21d0e0fab4499e9529c96a3c28

All I am doing is a simple Humanoid:LoadAnimation
AnimationController just doesn’t work when I tried using that, just for reference.

The bones don’t seem to be different between the two rigs, I don’t seem to be missing any keyframe instances or anything like that… so confused ?? I’ve been stuck on this forever

2 Likes

There is probably some other animation that overlapping the torso animation of the character.

Try changing animation priorities

Set the animation to Action4 and even disabled the other animations that play. Doesn’t change anything. It was action anyway in the video.

Looks like a blending issue. In studio open the Studio Settings menu, then under the network tab enable “Show Active Animation Asset”. This will show you all the animations playing as well as their blend weights.

Tried this. Only 1 animation playing. I think I’ve isolated the issue.

It’s the main bones, they aren’t being animated outside of the animation editor.
No clue how to fix though.

Did you rename the MeshPart?

I kept all the parts name the same except the HumanoidRootPart which the bones we’re under. It was imported as “RootPart” so I had to change it, potentially why ?

Ended up fixing it. I was overthinking it way too much.

When imported the bones were under “RootPart” and me re-naming it to HumanoidRootPart broke it.
Keeping it at “RootPart” and just making another part for HumanoidRootPart and adding a motor6d connecting the two fixed it for me.

If this helps anyone else, of course

3 Likes

Roblox animation Poses use the part name to link it to it’s affected Part. More details here

According to the linked forum post, you need to rename that part before you export the animations. In your video it shows it’s still named RootPart while in the animation editor.

Yes that was the problem. I appreciate you helping me fix it. I put a little more detailed message out just for anyone else with the same issue as me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.