Custom Rig Npc not playing animations

When you add them to the group. Did you replace this line, with the new ID? (gotta ask because sometimes people forget)

local AnimationValue = “rbxassetid://14138511268”

11 Likes

Thank you, because I didn’t know that and now I have imported all the animations to the group, but it didn’t fix it, sadly. I also ran into another issue where the avatar is randomly spinningwhich might be interfering with the animation playing somehow. I have found that it is linked to the HumanoidRootPart being rigged to the LowerTorso but the thing is, even when I delete the rig between them, it stops the spinning, but it still doesn’t play the animation. I already posted a picture of the hierarchy to another guy if you need to see that too.

9 Likes

Yes I replaced the new animation and he is still a movement-less husk.

11 Likes

I’m not into rigging as I let usually a modeler/Builder who is in the team (Often work in teams of developers) make the custom rig. But I mean make sure that HumanoidRootPart is the primary part of the model?

9 Likes

I double checked, and yes, it is the PrimaryPart.

6 Likes

P.S I used this to help me with rigging, when there is rigging troubles and usually catch the error as its a good tutorial: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/the-process-of-rigging-a-custom-character/1104770

9 Likes

I read through that and I double checked everything and I seem to have done everything correct but again, this is my first time animating/rigging a custom character.

9 Likes

Okay this is a good and bad thing because it is probably more simple of a fix than I thought, but I opened the output and it isn’t printing the “finish0” things?

7 Likes

Is it a local script in the workspace? If so they don’t run in workspace. Meaning you need to place the local script in a place that works or use a normal server script.

5 Likes

I am pretty sure that I need to use a localscript to run animations on all clients with this code, so where would I put the localscript at? (sorry I am braindead right now)

6 Likes

For all clients, thats what a server script does. Now why you would want to use a local script is if Player A sees Idle one Animation, while player 2 Sees a different animations entirely. But both are happening at the same time. Not saying that you have to use a server script, but server scripts act like an all client local script in a way

If you want to use a local script, put it in StarterPlayer → StarterPlayerScripts

and change this line according:

local dude = script.Parent

6 Likes

Mk, so I put the script in a normal script and it is printing now, but he is still not doing the animation.

5 Likes

Everything part is unanchored/CanCollide is off? You adjusted the hip height in the Humanoid? You make sure the rig type is R15 (usually the default one for custom rigs). Animations in r15? No errors in output? (Just going the list of common errors at this point)

7 Likes

When I put cancollide off, he falls off the map so would I have to do something with BallSocketConstraints or is there an easier solution? (assuming this is the reason the animation isn’t playing.

5 Likes

Keep CanCollide on with the HumanoidRootPart? (Shouldn’t have to need anything like that, I’m looking at one of the custom rigs we made and it doesn’t have any of that)

7 Likes

Ok so I somehow fixed the spinning thing from before and the humanoidrootpart isn’t making him spin anymore, but the animation is still not playing.

4 Likes

And there is no errors in the output?

3 Likes

No errors just the auto-recovery and the “finish0”. I am gonna go through the other things you listed and hopefully I messed up (lol) and I can fix it.

3 Likes

Yea I don’t know because I don’t work with rigging custom rigs, just the scripting of them. Sorry! Hope you can find the solution your looking for, and just make sure the joints are all made correctly and double check what I said above. That’s about it, I don’t know what to tell ya unless new information is given.

4 Likes

Thank you for telling me about the group thing because it is such a simple mistake that I probably would’ve spent hours searching for.

6 Likes