Custom Rig slides across the ground (Bad!)

i have an enemy that pathfinds (yay!) but he just kind of, slides across the ground

HipHeight is set properly, HRP is unanchored but he just keeps sliding

i asked the one and only chat GPT on what’s causing the problem, i was told to do “CustomPhysicalProperties”

but to be honest, i have absolutely zero idea of what to change in here

this is what happens

3 Likes

Hey,
Can you explain exactly what you mean by sliding? It looks normal to me in that video.

I had a problem where my robot, which is a rigged character, was sliding on the ground. I set its HumanoidRootPart.Anchored = true.

Anyways… When I tested my own rigged character, if the HumanoidRootPart was too low, it would slide. Where exactly is your HumanoidRootPart positioned?

3 Likes

yeah that was a horrible video, here’s a better example:

3 Likes

I had this exact issue before. I can’t fully remember it and got 2 things on my mind.

1. Set the humanoid hip height to be correct
  2. On the model of your character it should say scale. click the button to reset it back to 1
3 Likes

oh wow…that did the trick

why did it fix though, any explanation?

2 Likes

I think it’s due to mass and how it gets calculated with humanoids. Then walkspeed has not been changed to account for that mass causing more force than needed

3 Likes

sob, you’re a lifesaver, i would probably still be tampering with physical properties

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.