Custom rope physics help

i want to clone parts that are welded together when the player walks so it lengthens but when they walk towards the rope/cloned parts it gets shorter

i want the parts that get cloned to act like that rope and how the way it lengthens and shortens

This feels like you need coding help. But you can use magudite. Which is a distance thing.

1 Like

yea i i just dont know how i would even start to code that

Follow a tutorial on magudite. Or IK.

This is a property of the rope constraint called Restitution… play with this value and your rope will stretch more and return to its previous length.

alright ill try that᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼

well what im trying to do is make it with parts so it can collide with objects

That’s fine, it doesnt change my answer. Make your parts and make the rope constraint between them… and set the length of the rope and then change its Restitution value upwards (between 0 and 1).

One part will remain anchored, and the other won’t.

okay ima try that right now᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼

Check out this video:

that’s not what I’m trying to achieve, I’m trying to make a rope that has collisions using parts because cancollide isn’t a property of rope

something like this but it lengthens and shortens like a rope when the player gets closer and farther from the start

using a script of course ᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼

do you think you can help me script it?

For this I will have to do on Friday due to time.

ok᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼᲼

while wait() do
	local mag = (workspace.A.Position - workspace.B.Position).Magnitude
	script.Parent.Size = Vector3.new(0.232, 0.25, mag)
	--script.Parent.Position = Vector3.new()
end

This isn’t the best code but it gets some of it done!
Also make sure the parts don’t have cancollide on or else it will push the parts.

1 Like

so i kinda need collisions so the rope acts like a real rope but ill use this code and try to figure something out, thank you!