Custom shortcuts creation forces studio restart to use

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to use custom shortcuts because it requires you to restart studio every single time you create one.

Recently I’ve been using a plugin made by @VoidedBlades that allows you to easily create your own shortcuts. However, we noticed that custom shortcuts aren’t instantly usable after creating them and you must first restart studio.

This happens every time you want to use a custom shortcut, and has happened every single time.

This is inconvenient as it would mean people would be required to restart their studio every time they create a new shortcut (with or without the plugin) which on itself could lead to a lot of time that could be used in development going to waste in needing to restart studio over and over again, particularly for those who have many places on studio open at any given time.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because you could save a lot of time and hassle by not having to restart studio every single time you want to use a custom shortcut.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi. The engineers are asking for steps to reproduce this issue. You can reply here or send me a pm with the steps.

1 Like

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like