Custom StreamingEnabled?

I’m working on a large Space - based game and ideally I’m hoping to implement Planet Surfaces and Atmosphere in real-time.
(( This would mean the Player is able to land on them without “Teleporting to the Planet” to load it. ))

However, how could I go about doing this? - I’ve seen some custom Streaming Services suches as:

I’m just wondering what may potentially be more beneficial? - To be honest, I’m not looking to use Universes.

I want to have more control over what is Streamed than what ROBLOX currently offers.

Any of those streaming services would work. I ended up deciding to use a different place for each planetary system, similar to spacescape.

There are compromises that must be made no matter what, you can either have a larger amount of detailed planets and need to teleport, or you can have less planets, systems and detail but a more seamless experience. A large part of game design is about where you want to put the most effort and computing time into.

Keep in mind, servers will lag the more instances you have on them, so having universes will help a lot. I haven’t fully gotten the hang of teleportation and universes, but keeping scripts in one location will help a LOT so you can copy them over between games and make and copy changes easier. Making things more modular and “plug and play” will also help.

1 Like