Custom waves Created Using Mesh and PBR (endless)

I’d like some feedback on this. What are your thoughts on it?

Updates:

Added sounds

**Working on custom ships being able to float on the mesh **

Idea:

As this needs a decent gaming Laptop or PC,
I’ll be making 2 versions of the game. When you join you will be given 2 UI’s that display “High Graphics”-and the other one will say “Low Graphics”. If you select High Graphics it will take you to the version of the game with high graphics. I’ll put a warning that displays Requirements: ‘requirements you need’. On the low graphic version I’ll put ‘requirements: ‘any device can run on this version of the game, enjoy.

I’d appreciate feedback on this idea. Thanks.

23 Likes

Wow, that’s incredible. It looks really good with the sun and it’s really smooth.

Can you swim in it? Or is it just decoration?

1 Like

with enough scripting you can make it work as a swimming.

2 Likes

:flushed: This is too realistic! I think it is awesome!

The sunset is perfect, and the waves are so even!

Recommendations: I recommend making the water less rippled, plus make the waves have smooth textures on water, I saw some place where it was discolored and it appeared as teal, light blue and green.

Good Luck!

Thanks, Fusion.

1 Like

I’ll be adding swimming to it and the ability to sail with ships.

1 Like

That’s incredible!! I’d love to see it work with swimming and ships, so I hope I can find the next post about this, when it is made.

1 Like

Oh wow, this is really satisfying. I love it, especially with the lighting. Awesome job.

1 Like

This is honestly insane, all the colors match as they should have. Also, nice lighting. Keep it up!

1 Like

I’ve run into my first problem on this project.
It runs smoothly for me, which is good. However,
when another player joins they lag a lot. I’m
not sure why this happens. Do you know a fix?

Maybe the texters are to much.

If your doing this in a loop, make it a bit slower, that may help.

But, I am not the best with mesh’s so this may not be helpful.

It looks amazing but the texture of the water looks very solid

It was just his PC lol, another guy joined and it worked. Thanks for the reply though.

Lol, I was going to say that it may be that the other players had a bad pc, but then I Thought that you where doing a Local server on Roblox Studios.

I suggest adding a stronger atmosphere, cause it looks like the water just ends at a certain point.

Looks amazing either way!

1 Like

Hey, I saw this on the Roblox Blog post about Skinned Meshes! Looks so cool; I love it!

2 Likes

thanks! looks much better now.

2 Likes

Sorry for doing this again. I’ve realized that on devices that aren’t as good as PC’s or laptops experience unplayable lag. Not sure why this is happening, I’ve done some research and i’ve found that the problem could be bones not updating quick enough. One thing that does confuse me is that it works on my phone.
and fixes?