Customizable folder icons for studio explorer

When you have several folders in one place it becomes a bit tough to quickly find what you’re after:

It would be handy if Roblox had like 10 choices for different folder icons (as a new property) to help organize our projects - that’s what the folders are for after all.

75 Likes

Similar post from 2015

6 Likes

That’s exactly why he can’t release pet sim 2 as fast as he wanted right now. Colorless folders.

16 Likes

It would also be handy if we were given an “IconColor” Color3 property for ModuleScripts. It’s very easy to get lost when working with dozens of modules, if you were able to color code them it would make things far easier.

7 Likes

This is something I never thought about but now that I have I want it. It would be even better if this was for all objects. Imagine being able to color-code parts and models so you know which is which at a glance!

4 Likes

Bump. Something like this would improve my development workflow a lot, colored folders, custom icon’d folders would make me know what folders are for what in plugin development and/or game development.

Some folder icons that I like to have implemented if this was added (folder_palette, folder_key,folder_bug, and folder_user) like bugs, player-based content, and values or folders that I had in mind will organize my explorer a ton, something like this should be implement, definently.

9 Likes

Can we have something like this please?

Feature Overview: I am suggesting the inclusion of a set of customization tools that would allow developers to personalize the appearance of icons within the Explorer tab. These customization options could include:

1. Color Customization:
  • Developers should have the ability to set custom colors for icons, providing a visually distinct and personalized organizational system.
  1. Custom Icons:
  • Introduce the option to upload or select custom icons for items in the Explorer tab, allowing for more intuitive identification of assets and elements.
  1. Custom Mini Labels:
  • Enable the addition of mini labels or tags to icons, offering a quick and informative way to categorize and identify different elements.

Benefits: The implementation of these customization features would bring several advantages to developers using Roblox Studio:

• Improved Organization: Personalized colors and icons make it easier for developers to quickly identify and locate specific assets or elements within the Explorer tab.
  • Enhanced Workflow: Custom mini labels provide an additional layer of information, streamlining the development process by allowing developers to convey important details at a glance.
  • Individualized Development Environments: Developers can create a workspace that aligns with their personal preferences, fostering a more enjoyable and efficient development experience.
2 Likes