Customizable Icon Colours, Primary Icon thread

Hi! I was directed by a team member to send my feature request here? from what they’ve told me?

Hello im a GUI designer, I make a bunch of user interfaces and these are some features that I would like to see in roblox studio as they would help me create user interfaces or just make it more pleasant/ nicer because I’m a really organized person and more organization options are great!

1. Customizable icons ( colours and files )

I think it would be great if we could be able to customize icons ( all icons) for better organization, sometimes it can be hard to find what I want/ need because at least for me a lot of stuff blends together especially if you have a bunch of GUI elements together ( even when they’re in their own folders ) it’s currently not possible to change the colour of folders or separate gui elements from my knowledge.
Giving the ability to change the colour or being able to upload separate icons for elements in my opinion would be great for better organization and differentiating them from one another.

( im not sure where else to put it? )

Concept4

I was thinking that when you’d press the “edit Icon” button this would open up, but you could also just replace the “edit icon” button with an upload icon button ( for customizing separate icons of the same element )

1. Primary icon threads ( I don’t have a better name )

I think these would be great for breaking up elements from one another, making them easier to track and easier to understand which elements are under one another ( especially if you have a giant folder of a bunch of elements that are the same thing ) ( atleast for me ).

This would be something that’s toggleable, It could be in the “edit icon” button that i’ve edited in or it could be something in settings where you could choose which type of elements it could show under? or could just be another button like my example below.

Concept6

4 Likes

Interesting idea, primary icon threads are a good way to getting organised with elements under a certain GUI, script etc. So this would be super useful for Developers whose games are littered with buttons, text and whatnot.

As for the custom icons, some people might use this to actually stay organised, but I feel that most would use this for aesthetic purposes though. Would be something that I’ll try out, if it was ever a feature!

4 Likes