Customized Car 3D Blender Model

Hey guys how do you think I did on this car Model. I watched a tutorial and added my own twist to the vehicle. Could you give me some Feedback on some things I should change to make it even better.

– Here’s the Car Model

10 Likes

Looks nice! Based off the car design, I think I was following the basis of the same tutorial, but I used a different picture to try and make my own.

My car, based on the side view of a corvette.

1 Like

Woah That’s really nice. You’re very talented I like the headlights you added to the vehicle. I also wanted to ask you a question do you know how I would export different parts of the vehicle into Roblox Studio. Because I wanted to make specific parts customizable.

I think this is cool thing ! If watch on model that I did you better XD

1 Like

This was the first thing I made in blender. Last time I used it my best creation was the cube you get when you open it.
And to export thing separately just separate them.

Small tutorial:

1. Go into edit mode, select the faces/edges/vertices you want to be part of a different piece.
  2. Hit P and choose Selection
  3. Press F2 in object mode to rename to whatever the part is.
1 Like

Woah, this is awesome! Reminds me of a Jailbreak car! Amazing work! Seems like what you would see in a low poly racing game!

1 Like

Hey I did what you said and I selected the part i wanted to make a selection and I renamed it.

– Here’s the Selection

Then i took that part copied and pasted it in a new blender file. And I exported it as an FBX file.

–Here’s the Car Tire

The Problem is that when I inserted the Model into Roblox Studio as a Mesh Part it appeared as this. I wanted the Tire to be solid and not see through. I don’t know why this is happening. Could you help me ?

– Weird Roblox Model

1 Like

AFAIK, when you import a mesh from blender, some popups should pop up. There should be one saying something about negative, and press no. Let me know if this helped.

If you’re talking about importing a blender mesh into roblox studio, I didn’t get a pop up about something that says negative. I got one which says should we resize your model and another one which asked if I should load the model in the desired Location.

1 Like

In blender, add a modifier, called solidify.

1 Like

To me it looks like flipped normals.

I had the same problem.

1 Like

This is the car wahat CG Geek did…

1 Like

This is easier, in roblox studio, when you export the part, click on properties and enable “DoubleSided”

1 Like

Don’t use double sided, please! It will double the mesh count which you don’t want to happen (might cause lag)! use solidify or flip normals instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

it maybe can lag but only if theres a lot of models double sided

In the top right of the modeling tab/viewport, press the arrow beside the overlays button (2 circles). Near the bottom is face orientation; check this. All your faces will turn either blue or red. Select every single red one on the wheels, then do shift+n. They should be blue now. What you fixed is called “flipped normals” which is when you somehow made a face look the wrong way. It happens all the time, but it’s good modelling practice to fix it before exporting to roblox.

As others said, you can use “double sided normals” on roblox but it definitely is less ideal and can cause more lag.

The car looks sick though, amazing job :slight_smile:

1 Like