CustomVIP - A module to handle custom VIP servers!

What is Validity and where do I put this script?

And how do I set it up so people can buy it?

Possibly by getting the player’s VIP server key yes.

The server data info that is returned has a owner value. You can use that to check if the joined player is the owner.

Validity is the amount of days the VIP server is valid for. The script above is the documentation for this module, that cannot be used to properly handle VIP servers

It’s a Custom Private Server, not a Fake Private Server. Though it won’t appear on the VIP Server List in the Roblox page.

There’s a lot of advantages it can give you:

1. Adding people can be much easier, just pass on the code.
  2. You might be able to customize the cost of server differently for different players (Maybe 200 Robux for VIP but 299 for non VIP users)
  3. Or Maybe add different Server tiers which provide better benefits over the previous tiers

The features I mentioned, might not exist in this module yet but can be implemented with some time.

OP should probably mention the advantages or disadvantages between the roblox VIP servers and custom private servers.

1 Like

Cool module, unfortunately one of the main advantages of official VIP servers is the convenience of being able to join directly through a link.

1 Like

I don’t think you got my point correctly. Paid games such as Bloxburg will not allow you to create VIP servers through the actual Roblox website due to how ROBLOX has been set.

@TypicallyShadow made some good points, but I believe he forgot a very important thing. Private servers do not work between places inside a game, I cannot teleport a player in a private server to another dimension within the game unless is a public server if I use roblox’s default private server system. This is why this module is so helpful.

1 Like

Is there anyway you can make the GetServerInfo return just the vipservercode in string? It might be easier for developers who still haven’t completely understood tables yet. Also, why I tried to use JSONDecode and it returned nil.

local vipinfo = customVIP.GetServerInfo(plr)
	local vipdata = HttpService:JSONDecode(vipinfo)
	print(vipdata.TeleportCode)

you don’t have to JSONDecode it since it is already a table

1 Like

So what would be the most efficient way for me to get the teleportcode from the table?

How would I format the server code?

What do you mean by that? I do not understand what you’re trying to do.

In your SC, you have this line of code: local serverCodeFormat = "%s-%s”. I have a textbox where a player can enter the code.

How would the player enter the code from the “%s-%s” format?

When you create a server, it returns a table with the server code. The player can then type it into the textbox and it can be handled accordingly. The serverCodeFormat variable is just used internally to generate a server code.

Ah I get ya

Thanks!

This text will be blurred

1 Like

I have been seeing a small spike in activity for some odd reason. Would you guys like a remake of this module with better documentation and more features?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

(THIS MODULE IS OUTDATED, CHECK THE POST BELOW TO GET THE NEW ONE!)

How do i set this up? Do i put this:

-- Use a Script, NOT a LocalScript
local customVIP = require(path.to.model)

customVIP.PromptPurchase(playerInstance) -- Prompts the player to purchase a VIP server (will automatically create a VIP server once purchase is complete)
customVIP.CreateServer(playerInstance) -- To create a VIP server manually, returns the server info such as the code!
customVIP.GetServerInfo(plr) -- Returns the player's private server info IF it exists
customVIP.TeleportToServer(plr,serverCode) -- Teleports the player to the private server if the code is valid

-- In order to change the settings, there is a file called Config inside the module.

to ServerScriptService?