Cut off lights in Future lighting

For some reason certain lights in my game appear cut off in a triangular shape, I am using Future lighting, and I do not want to use ShadowMap again.

What is the Range of these lights? If you select the Light in the Explorer window you should see lines that show where the light should extend to.

Also what is your Studio Graphics setting at? For some reason the graphics in Studio go up to 22.

If the walls are thin then lights on the outside of walls can show up at the Part edges.

1 Like

When I am playing the game, the graphics are at the maximum, 10. On studio, it doesn’t really matter what I select, the bug will show. The light is a pointlight by the way.

For spotlights, this happens:

What’s the answer to my first question?

The range of the thingy is 11 yeyeyeyeyeyeye

Have you experimented with the Spot or PointLight properties like Range, or Angle?

It would help with the pictures if you select the actual Point or Spot light so we could see what the Range and Angle indication lines show in the pictures.

Are you sure that’s the problem here? The lights are cut off on a very weird way.

Yes, that’s what you say, but you’ve only showed pictures with the lights in them. You know what you expect them to look like, but we can’t read your mind to know what you expect the light to look like in each picture. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, but if you say that something is wrong in a picture but we don’t understand what your description about the problem is then we can’t help.

The lines I’m talking about when you select each light will show you and us what the light range and angle are supposed to be illuminating, and what they aren’t. If it’s as simple as realizing the light isn’t reaching those Parts then you can easily fix it by changing the Properties.

Okay, I’ll show you the range then.