D3D11 and Studio

I’m going to try to use a friends laptop to load my project and reproduce the steps. If it freezes on that laptop i know for sure it’s studio. I’ll get MSI Afterburner and see if it does the same thing on that laptop. Two devices doing same thing could only mean one thing.

1 Like

Alright, Spline, since you’ve been active with me on this today. From the results it does look like it’s device specific. My friend has a laptop that uses intel UDH graphics, has DirectX12 and all the features as we have depicted in the images. So, D3D11 appears to be working. But I could not use MSI Afterburner on that laptop to actually show it but when I changed the render to Direct3D11 in studio and restarted it, I’m assuming it was using it. But either way I noticed my project did NOT freeze during play testing. So this brings me back to what you posted about drivers but how can one update cause my experience to be faulty with one program? Odd? But that’s computers and laptops for you. So What do you think? I’m going to retry some things and hopefully I don’t have to reinstall windows but I need to upgrade to windows 11 anyway.

1 Like

I reinstalled windows and it still freezes on my device. I wonder what changed after the refresh update that made it impossible to use studio on this device.

I’ve done a full uninstall of studio (removed all files and registry) I’ve done a full uninstall of drivers and reinstall. Even rollback to a older version - same results. I even reinstalled windows. For some reason after the refresh update roblox gave studio my device freezes during playtesting now. D3D11 doesn’t show when using MSI, switching to anot8her renderer doesn’t work.

It’s like studio for my device has been crippled and nothing will be done to fix it. And I have an okay gaming laptop compared to the laptop I tested this on earlier.
My setup is
Ryzen 5 4000 series
Windows 10 Home
8GB Ram
AMD Radeon Graphics integrated
Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB dedicated

The laptop I tested on:
Intel i3 (11th Generation)
Windows 11 Home
8GB Ram
Intel UHD Graphics

And on the laptop i tested on it didn’t freeze during testing. What the world?? As long as I’ve used studio with my gaming laptop now it doesn’t seem like I can.