Da Brickz: A retro-style da hood type game. PLEASE TEST!

Hey! I’ve been working on this game for the past few months, and its finally at a point where I’d like to test it.

It is not perfect, and probably not even that good. Its been my on-and-off passion project since August, and if any of you would like to contribute or give feedback, I’d love to have some. Thank you so much!!!

Although I would much, much rather you test the game, I think its kind of annoying when people dont put pictures in their game posts. Here they are! :slight_smile:

Click here for the pictures! I am not really looking for feedback on the builds, if you could tes

7 Likes

I played your game for a few minutes and I liked the fact you had a map to explore, gave some visual hints on actionable items, although I couldn’t figure out what to do with water and tacos :smile:

But I experienced the same challenge I had on my first games, which was I focused on parts of the build, the map, and had some ideas, but at the end of the day the game wasn’t fun and engaging. (On a side note that’s why I am testing a way to do a “fun” game first, feature full game second in the Bot Jam #shamelessplug).

Here are some ideas:
Have you thought of putting some NPC’s? Or some other kind of mechanism for a solo player to have fun while you don’t have many players on your game?

The controls feel very clunky, I don’t like how I go from super speed to snail pace. I wish there was more of an inbetween.

1 Like

I like it, it looks nice if you added unique guns to the gun shop I think it would be even better

somehow I was able to kill myself with the RPG lol