Dark Mode Failing To Render

When I went onto the homepage about 10 minutes ago my whole page is light mode; going to my settings I discover I get a nice error and roblox has some how changed dark mode to light mode. With more digging unlocking my settings have made it to where no button works and it just becomes grey.

My friend who originally owned this account and gave it to me was a girl, when unlocking my settings to change the gender this is what happens.

These are just my observations, I dont know if this even helps to anything.

7 Likes

Lol super fun fact, there’s two layers of where the theme is applied on Roblox.com. The DOM body has the theme defined as a class which determines the icon color in the nav and the page content color, but the nav+topbar itself has the same class also defined on its sub-element, which changes its colors in isolation. I’m not sure how they end up out of sync, web is a nightmare.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Same issue is currently happening to me. Getting a pop up “unknown error” when opening settings and attempting to switch back to a dark theme. My eyes are burning.

5 Likes

Thank god we are all in the same boat, i tought someone got access to my account lol.

7 Likes

The issue seems to be getting resolved from what I see my whole page is dark now, so somethings going right.

3 Likes

Still occurring for me.
The topbar is behaving extra weird.

2 Likes

Made a more extensive report on the underlying issue here:

Would’ve just responded to this with extra info but the OP only scrapes the surface of the issue, so thought I’d make a new one

4 Likes

This is happening to me too, I was freaking out thinking I got hacked, so glad to hear that i’m not the only one having this, but I hope it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

Also, some of the icons on the top bar appear black like they would in light mode, even when the top bar is in dark mode.

Like shown in this screenshot:
what

Edit: Didn’t realize the original post pointed that out with the red squares, sorry.

3 Likes

When trying to switch /to dark mode it sets it to light

1 Like

Literally started happening to me right now. I thought someone messed up the site or something.

It appears game pages are also completely failing to load with a Server Error 500.

It’s very possible that Roblox isn’t just experiencing a partial service disruption in terms of settings, but rather something more.

What url are you referring to, and how frequent is it happening?

2 Likes

Roblox just went down repeatedly for a few seconds over the past ~30 mins. It seems okay now but it’s crazily inconvenient and needs to be fixed

3 Likes

Oh, at the time I was referring to the

https://www.roblox.com/games/id URL, which seemingly would return an Error 500 at random times.

I apologize for the late reply.

1 Like

Hey everyone, are things ok now?

1 Like

Yep, this has been fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

Yep it appears to be resolved. It was most likely due the the outage during that day.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.