Dark Room Lit Up With Lights?

I am attempting to make a room dark to where the character is hidden because of how dark it is. Then I want to be able to turn on lights like SpotLights that will light up areas of the room so that some parts show the character and anything under the light.

The issue is I don’t know what am I supposed to do to achieve this.

I have tried changing the Ambient and Brightness in the Lighting property for the world but it hasn’t helped.

Additionally, I have tried changing other settings but even though they darken the room, they also darken or dull down my lights and I only want the room to be darkened down.

Could you show us pictures of it?

Yes! This is the room, the walls are Really Black color and Concrete material btw.

1 Like

To make it really dark…umm. Have you tried using fog?

Also, I suppose that build is just there and you used a black skybox, am I right?

I haven’t messed with the fog setting since I don’t have much experience messing with world lighting ever. And the skybox is the default one.

You can try to add a kind of “black box” around your build to cover sky’s light and see if that works.

Do the black walls and ceiling not do that already?

Oh, that’s why I was asking about the skybox, I didn’t think you already added the walls lol. Which lightning technology are you currently using?

1 Like

Ah, I feel so dumb, I was messing with the wrong Ambient! I figured it out, I had to change the Ambient and not Outdoor ambient. So sorry! Lol. Thanks for trying to help though! And I use Future btw, only because I heard it’s the best to use.

4 Likes