Dark Shaded Creases Appear on Skinned Meshes only on the Max Graphics Setting

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs.

When the bones controlling my skinned shirt mesh are set to their current Cframes, shaded creases appear on the mesh. This issue only occurs when I play at the max graphics quality setting of 10.

Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

I would normally expect for there to be no dark creases, as observed at graphics levels 1-9.

Reproduction Steps.

To reproduce this bug:

Play in the repo place provided at a graphics quality level of 10 and observe the dark shading on the shirt mesh.
At graphics levels 1-9, there is no dark shading present.

Additional Information.

The CFrames of the bones are set in the Arm_Mover script, located in ServerScriptService.

The blend file of the shirt and its corresponding armature is provided below. This rig was exported to roblox as an fbx file at a scale of 0.005 and imported as a “custom” avatar using the avatar importer plugin.

The fbx file is also provided below.

Frequency.

This bug occurs with 100% consistency.

When did the bug start happening?

I’m not sure when this bug started happening.

shirt mesh cloned.fbx (31.9 KB)

shirt mesh cloned.blend (812.1 KB)

Shirt_Repo.rbxl (32.4 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks for the report, we will investigate.

1 Like

Sorry for the long delay. This is the expected result when using ambient occlusion (AO) with low polygon deforming meshes. Any sharp concave creases that form between the edges of the polygons will darken. To improve the result for max graphics settings, you would have to use a denser mesh.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.