Dark text is barely visible on dark theme on the mobile iOS app

NOTE: I AM ON IOS

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When you turn dark mode on in the mobile roblox app, and you try to type anything on the friends tab, it’s almost impossible to see due to the fact that the text is black as well. Picture proof:

So far I only know this happens on the friends tab. I would usually expect this to occur:

This does happen on the main page, where it is clear and easily visible.

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This bug happens 100% of the time. I think this is a bug due to the fact other pages have it. How to reproduce:

1) Download/Open the mobile roblox app.
2) Go into Setting > Account Info
3)Scroll down the page until you reach the tab that says Theme.
4) Click the tab and chang it to dark, if it’s already on dark, leave it.
5) Click the 3 dots at the bottom of the page, it should lead you to a page that says more.
6) Go to the third bar that says friends.
7) Go to the search bar and type in anything. You’ll notice it being hard to see.

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

In the mobile roblox app. I’ve stated how to reproduce this bug above!

Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

I’ve just realized this today but I would guess that it’s been happening since dark mode was released.

Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

Good luck! :smiley: NOTE: I am on IOS, Using a IPhone 7 Plus, and I am on 13.0

7 Likes

I can verify that I am having this issue on my device as well

I have an iPhone 6 S running iOS 13

1 Like

Glad to know that it is only not me, I have also asked many other iOS user and they could also confirm them having the same problems! Glad to hear I’m not the only one! :smiley:

Same thing is happening to me on mobile. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Not sure why this could have happened,
Solutions are:
-Turning up brightness
-Going into night time mode
-switching back to regular mode

(Edit) Update:
I’m not having the problem anymore, I believe that It has been fixed.

I am still having this issue last time I checked (9/29/2019 7:41 PM EST)

Did you try any of the suggestions?

That won’t fix anything, I did that all prior to this post and it didn’t work.

Don’t see how that going to change a font color, lol.

EDIT: Are you on iOS?

I am also experiencing this issue on my Ipad (6th generation) and my Iphone 7. All are running IOS 13.3

1 Like

This issue gets really annoying for me and lots of others… FYI, I’m on an iPhone 8. I hope this bug is dealt with soon.

2 Likes

This issue is not occurring anymore

It doesn’t happen to me, in on iPhone 11