Dark Theme for the Roblox Developer Hub using Stylus

I’ve recently created a Dark Theme for the Roblox Developer Hub as a (hopefully) temporary solution until an official one is released. Here are instructions on installing it:

Instructions

1. Make sure you’re using Chrome, Firefox, or Opera. These are the only browsers that Stylish supports.
  2. Download the Stylish extension.
  3. Go to the userstyle page on Stylish: https://userstyles.org/styles/161949/developer-hub-dark
  4. Click “Install userstyle”
  5. That’s it!

Known issues

• The autocomplete/swiftype widget does not color properly in some places
  • Large code blocks do not color correctly TEMP SOLUTION: CLICK DARK MODE AT BOTTOM

Hopefully this helped! I know some people were looking for one. :smiley: I’ll be working on solving the issues soon enough.

17 Likes

Thank you jorito, very cool!

This is actually quite nice, feels streamlined and natural.

8 Likes

Yay! Glad you like it. :smiley:

The Stylish extension is closed source and does contain some unknown tracking and telemetry scripts. If you’re looking for an alternative, try out Stylus

You can find it on

btw, great userstyle, it looks great.

5 Likes

I love it!

But one big problem I have is that the alert boxes are unreadable. Example

1 Like

LOL what? Why is this here?

Thanks for the dark theme. My eyes appreciate it!

That was just a dumb edit I made, it’s not really there lol

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about this! I’ve updated the post to include this extension’s link also. :smiley:

Working on fixes to alert boxes, search pages, code blocks, and swiftype! Hopefully all bugs will be fixed with the next update. Should come out tonight or tomorrow morning. :smiley:

edit: I use :smiley: too much

Userstyle has been updated! Make sure to update the userstyle to get the latest version.

CHANGES

• Code blocks now display properly
  • Alert boxes should now be readable
  • Search pages have been fixed
  • Swiftype autocomplete widget now has correct hovering color

TODO

• Fix swiftype autocomplete widget triangle on bubble
2 Likes

Important update: Stylish was removed from Chrome and Firefox stores after concerns about logging user data. BleepingComputer article: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/chrome-and-firefox-pull-stylish-add-on-after-report-it-logged-browser-history/

EDIT: It was also removed from Opera.

3 Likes

Awesome thank you.

Updated post accordingly.