Darkheart 3D Site Rendering Issue

When viewing Darkheart equipped with a 3D view on site, it appears as the Linked Sword because to make the Darkheart black, the VertexColor color for the Mesh was set to 0,0,0 and the original Linked Sword texture was left.

A potential fix could be making the texture for Darkheart an RGB 0,0,0 square.

Darkheart: Darkheart - Roblox
My profile: Beacon - Roblox

12 Likes

Unfortunately we can’t fix this issue as we’ve stopped all support and creation for Gear accessories since 2019.

1 Like

Wow. To be quite frank, this is unacceptable. I understand that this is a policy issue, but this is a Limited item worth millions of Robux, and Roblox is actively collecting revenue on the resale of this and many other Limited gears. As the OP stated, this would be a super simple issue to fix.

Roblox should make exceptions to this policy for every Limited or otherwise purchasable gear items. If Roblox can’t commit to making fixes for gears anymore, they need to remove them from sale instead of continuing to sell non functional items to users.

12 Likes

I agree with this.

If they don’t support gear and whatever they want, why do they keep selling them?

Most don’t work with R15, or don’t work at all. There are people who buy that thinking that they can use it and no one popular game accepts it anymore.

The problem gets worse when it comes to limited Gear, people put a lot of money into something and at least expect it to work, not be perfect, but at least do something.

5 Likes

Is it possible to get the rendering issue fixed? I don’t think the 3D view used to break all these old gear. If the 3D view properly used the properties on Mesh and Part, Darkheart, Illumina, and Ghostwalker would all appear correctly. As qliz mentions, these items are worth millions of Robux (Roblox makes thousands a year on these items) and I notice there’s no indicator on site that these items are broken. On top of the fact that people paid for these items before the rendering issues existed, it just feels misleading to owners and potential customers.

3 Likes