Data Store Service Unavailable

Reproduction Steps

As of around three months ago (or more), the data store in my game stopped functioning. During that time, the game was not updated. Upon investigation, one of my data stores seems to be unavailable specifically for the published place. It is important to note, that I have three separate data stores, and only one is nonfunctional. I have copied the game’s exact code into a new place and uploaded it separately, and the code works fine. Instead of a typical red error, the code below returns plain text that reads, "502: API Services rejected request with error. HTTP 503 (Service Unavailable) Instance ".

print(game["DataStoreService"]:GetDataStore("textDataStore"):GetAsync("textTableEntry"))

Looking through prior bug reports, I found this post, which discusses the same error; however, the issue was supposedly resolved. Allow HTTP Requests and Enable Studio Access to API Services are both enabled in the game. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a reproduction file, as the issue only occurs within the specific place.

Edit: Game hyperlink does not seem to be working, so here is a direct link:

System Info

11th Gen Intel Core i7 @ 2.50 GHz, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Expected Behavior

Data store should be accessible and return the saved data.

Actual Behavior

Data store service is unavailable, and data cannot be retrieved.

Service Unavailable

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-03-18 00:03:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-06-02 00:06:00 (-04:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

1 Like

Can’t reproduce.

This script works fine in my testing game, it’s an ormal baseplate with this one script.

local DS = game:GetService("DataStoreService"):GetDataStore("TestStore")

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(p)
	DS:SetAsync(p.Name, p.DisplayName)
    task.wait()
	print(DS:GetAsync(p.Name))
end)

I also see no error after running your script, although it’s unconfigured for hte testing place.

EDIT: This could be a code error, when joining your game I see 2 things that use DSS working, but your confession board not

I am unable to reproduce the issue in other places either; however, all current data saved in the data store is not retrievable and therefore nontransferable.

1 Like

The exact same code works when published separately, so it being a code error has been eliminated as a factor.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing the rbxl? It could be something inside of the place possibly, as rare as it is.

I’d prefer not to, as anyone could copy the place. If I need to in order for engineers to investigate further, then I will.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue. We will be looking into this!

4 Likes

To update anyone who may experience this issue in the future, this turned out to be a result of an internal error. My data store was somehow overridden by the error produced. Should this happen to anyone else, it is recommended to use data versioning to revert to an earlier version before it is lost forever.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.