Datastore Backup download

Would be nice to be able to download a copy of the datastore incase a certain byproduct hits the fan.
Maybe no interface to upload it again, but you could maybe contact info@roblox to get it uploaded to your place.

Not a feature anyone will use daily but would be nice for bigger games to have as a security measure.
Either this or a monthly datastore backup to which you could reset if needed.

12 Likes

Neat idea. I think it’d be better if you could see revision history instead through scripts, that way yout can see that someone’s data got accidentally wiped on their last visit and restore it to the last known stable save.

You can already do this manually but it requires like 3-4 datastore calls per player just for them to load their data.

1 Like

This is one of the perks of using HttpService to save your stats somewhere externally, it gives you a nice interface for viewing and editing everyone’s stats and (at least with the hosting site I use) gives you the option to download a backup of your database.

1 Like

Support!

To add on this, and similar to what @TwentyTwoPilots said - it would be cool if we could access a “Datastore” database where we can see everyones stats for our game / search / edit them and revert to previous datastore saves!

1 Like

From what I know, you could write a studio plugin that does this (albeit slowly).
Has anyone done something similar to this?

You couldn’t do this if you stored anything dynamically named (like USERID_Inventory). Unfortunately, there’s no way to get a list of DataStore keys.

1 Like