DataStore saves are failing (502) / throttling on each save across different games and DataStores

I’ve noticed a massive uptick in DataStore failed requests (502 errors) in our analytics across both our live games - Giant Simulator and Space Mining Simulator. To check it out I went into each game to check server logs and noticed it happening on every server - even on new servers where I’m the only player. The errors are a result of invocations to SetAsync / UpdateAsync across all GlobalDataStores - player data, leaderboards, etc.

I hesitate to use ROBLOXCRITICAL tag, but it seems unlikely that this is just affecting us?

6 Likes

It isn’t just you. Datastore 2 is also having issues.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-use-datastore2-data-store-caching-and-data-loss-prevention/136317/329?u=pharyx_styx

Yeah I’m experiencing the same issue in my indev game, looks like many other games (including Dungeon Quest) are affected as well

Having the same issue for me as well. I do think this is critical preventing players from loading their ingame data

1 Like

We are investigating, will keep this channel posted

7 Likes

There is an increased 30x increase in the number of increment calls from ~ 7.15 AM Pacific Time today

1 Like

keeps happening in my game, loosing allot of player-count right now
Game: [!New Truck!] ⛏️Mining Inc Remastered ⛏️ - Roblox

1 Like

I can report the same issue with my almost released game.

After seeing this thread, I decided to test this on an old game of mine to see if I have any 502 errors…
I don’t have an issue with DataStore failures at the time of writing.
Maybe larger games with large DataStores are having this issue?

I just put 70,000 in sponsoring my game and hardly any of my games servers are working. This is so frustrating. Players have also reported losing their stats…

2 Likes

I am having the 502 issue in my unreleased game (0 players). I’m using DataStore2, however.

When will this be fixed? Does anyone know?

DataStore Issues appear to be fixed on our end. We’ve not seen any more throttling from around 10:32am Pacific Time.

1 Like

The system is stable now, the throttling has been cut back.

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.