Day 1 Retention

Hello fellow dev forum users! I am not sure if 11% retention rate is good and need some advice. If it is a bad retention rate it would be nice if you left some retention boosting tips for me. If it is a good retention rate just let me know.

Sorry if this is in the wrong category!

1 Like

Roblox tells you whether or not all of your stats are good… just refer to the percentiles and benchmarks on either the graph or your analytics overview.

1 Like

From what I know, it might be okay. Also, the retention is usually high or low due to the game’s difficulty. For example, if a game takes too long to play, or too hard, that might affect the retention of the game.

For example, if a game takes too long to play, or too hard, that might affect the retention of the game.

That’s more related to session time… Retention is a game’s re-playability - how many people come back.

1 Like

11% is pretty decent but you should probably aim for >=15% just try to improve onboarding by having an interactive tutorial, and gameplay should start off not too slow and boring.

Retention is how long players stay in the game before leaving irrc

You’re incorrect. Retention is the number of players who play again. Session Time is how long players stay before leaving.

…that’s why Retention is a %, and Session Time is a number of minutes.

Oh lol, I thought the retention was how long they stayed in the game. I guess the stuff I did still improved that

Welp now I know, I guess lol. Thanks…

Thanks for the helpful feedback!

You are correct. But I think he meant that children don’t like difficult games.

1 Like

I will be sure to add engaging tutorials to the game, and make sure it starts off fun! Thanks!