[DAY 3] A Knock At The Door

EDIT:this post is outdated, check out the latest post here: [NIGHT 1] pre-beta gameplay of AKATD 1
if the server link doesnt work, this is the invite code: rhDqxHFsYy

Tehnically it’s still day 2 but progress is coming at such a fast rate that I have to call it the “Third” day.

Bonnie’s AI pathfinding has been done, and I think it’s very good, at least for now.
I have even made some preview animations, don’t worry, the final animations will be 100x better, obviously.

Video:

Please keep in mind that I am looking for feedback and all criticism is freely accepted here!
Mistakes make you better in the long run!

6 Likes

Game link in case you want to play for yourself, the game is indeed functionable, what you saw in the video is present in the game right now

1 Like

Bonnie wasn’t more purple?, anyway, awesome project!

there’s various different choices of color for this animatronic, though the model I found was the color pallette from the one selected in the picture

Looks awesome.
Only thing I suggest to make the game really scary and pop out is to :

• Lower the brightness on the flashlight
  • Make the flashlight’s light flicker time from time
  • Make the blues on the floor more dull (Looks really bright, giving it a not so scary vibe)

Thats all I have though.

The blues on the floor? Do you mean the blue tiles in the backstage room?

I totally agree with you here, I think I will change this texture entirely.

Looks way better, my eyes are saved.

Also made flashlight less bright and added a flicker to it.

Looks great ! Did you make it all yourself? If so the build is phenomenal.

I would tinker with the flashlight a bit more as it’s very stuttery right now, and it’s important to note that if someone played this with low graphics the flashlight will not work nearly as good as it does in high graphics (worth testing for yourself). One more thing is maybe the light should come from the mouse instead of the flashlight model so it’s easier to see what you’re looking at.

Also flashlight should be activated with ‘F’ like god intended.

Story-wise, small things - Maybe the notes should be hand written (unless printed) so it’s more out of the way for people not interested, and feels more real for the people who do want to learn. Other thing is you shouldn’t assume what the player already knows, in the “Employee’s Only” room, the text says ‘could it be…?’ but if the player went in without knowing about the safe room they might find it funny or get confused.

Saving this post for updates ! Excited to see where it goes.

funny fact

I remember a while ago I heard that the guitar that Bonnie holds had to change due to copyright of the “Flying Gibson V” and I wanted to warn you about that but it turns out that they lost the copyright in 2019 so it’s fine to use

1 Like

I had taken a template from Toolbox but it’s so modified now that you could say it’s my own map.
I’ve worked 1 and a half whole day, no stopping, just retexturing and rebuilding everything from scratch, and I’m really proud of it.
Initially I was gonna make the flashlight on F but I thought Q would be closer to the left hand and more accessible, thinking of it now, I shall go by god’s ways :laughing:

Oh and about the “Safe Room”, in the First Night that you go to the job, there will be a cutscene where the player spots that big metal door and says “What could it be inside of there?”, and in the 2nd Night the player can actually access that Room.
The game will be a combination between a repeated story and new elements everytime so you can replay and still have the same goosebumps everytime. Unlike the real game, you will actually be put into the place of Mike, coming to work, speaking to “Phone Guy”, cleaning the place before starting the shift, leaving at 6 AM. But beware because each time you play it will be different!

If you want you can join my discord server, once people join I will post most leaks there before making devforum posts!
Anyways, thank you so much, remember to smile, you are the face of Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza! :smile:

Edit, I forgot to post the links, so here you go:
Link to the game: A Knock At The Door - Roblox
Link to the group: Fazbear Entertainment - LLC - Roblox
Link to discord server:Fazbear Entertainment LLC

1 Like
  • bonnie t-poses for a split second after reaching a pathfinding point.
  • bonnie’s animation doesn’t look nice, make it have more robotic expression
  • bonnie’s walking sound plays even when he’s not walking.
  • the player’s walking sound is extremely distracting.
  • the signboards in the bathrooms should be placed outside the bathroom, because no one would see it unless they turned around.

please try and implement custom proximityprompts. it would make the game look way more appealling.

1 Like
  • bonnie t-poses for a split second after reaching a pathfinding point.
  • bonnie’s animation doesn’t look nice, make it have more robotic expression
    all the animatronic animations have been changed
    that was just a test animation, and the T-posing doesn’t happen anymore
  • the player’s walking sound is extremely distracting.
    i forgot to disable the roblox default footsteps

i’d love to add that in a future update but it seems to require a lot more work than simply putting a ProximityPrompt

if you mean the writings on the walls, they’re meant for kids and when you get out of the restrooms you should see the big colored text, also it’s just a small detail

( really recommend you check out latest post and join the community server to see the latest updates as even though this post isn’t that old, i am working a lot on the game and stuff tends to change hour-to-hour )
Link to the newest devforum post:
Night 1 Pre-Beta 1.5.0
Link to server can be found here

1 Like

Looks great! Reminds me quite a bit of Forgotten Memories actually with the way the game was designed such as the sprint UI, similar flashlight system, and the realistic movement. If you want to make it stand out even more, I’d say to play Forgotten Memories for a few minutes and try making your game as different as possible from it in a way that it won’t really remind you of it. The only real critic that I have though is how Bonnie it t poses everytime they reach a new pathfinding point as mentioned by someone previously. Overall though looks amazing so far!

(I’d like to know how you made the movement system if you don’t mind sharing, I’ve been working on a pretty realistic horror game for quite some time now and something like this would spice things up 100x more for the gameplay :slight_smile:)

1 Like

hey! great to hear your feedback but this post is now very outdated, please check out my latest post by reading this message

and you should also consider joining our community server for more leaks and cool stuffs!

regarding Forgotten Memories, I have played the full game with my friends a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it a lot, though my inspiration came years ago, I just didn’t succeed so much until now. I already made it significantly different and am working on adding more stuff everyday.

1 Like