DDoS attack on game

This is actively still occurring and not even a comment by a staff member to acknowledge the problem.
I know this is not something they can practically solve, but a post explaining what they have considered to solve it and why it wouldn’t be practical would make a big difference.
This makes any small-medium size game with large server sizes entirely impractical.

Not to mention people spitefully doing it while you’re running ads, causing a massive waste of money, plus plummeting user experience.

1 Like

Not sure about now but roblox used to use performive for their game server (according to old screenshots of the game server IP) they seemed to switched over during early 2020 - 2021

If they still use performive they might be able to just implement their 65+ tbps anti ddos

However I suggest adding an account age limit and a 1 player menu game to prevent ddoser finding the true server’s IP

Why would you post any code that has anything to do with this … you should get a ban for life.

Who cares? The script has already been released plus there’s many ways to get the IP of a roblox server.

I think we both know why.
I’m glad you don’t know how to make a " … ".

Do you know of any solutions? There seems to be nothing I can do on my end and Developer Relations isn’t replying.

Nope, I would say try putting all your servers (including the main game) behind a reserved server, and give normal players 2 options, join friends and join random server, and only leave the server list unlocked for your higher LR+ ranks.
Sure that would be very unoptimized but if ddosing has become such a big issue then it might be worth a try

Netherlands server does stands out right now, last 1 or 2 minutes more before being crashed, however it is no longer ideal to bash the play button for 5 minutes to earn 1 or 2 minutes more time for a server. (seen from a military game)