Deadly Dark Dominus suffers from significant texture errors

Reported on the behalf of @Maxxell

Reproduction Steps
Play any Roblox game while wearing the Deadly Dark Dominus

Expected Behavior
The texture on the inside of the accessory’s hood should match the gradient on the feathers instead of being a solid red line. This same texture should extend all the way around the inside of the accessory’s hood and be symmetrical, while also not overlapping to the outside of the hood.
dddfix3

Actual Behavior
The red on the inside of the hood is a solid color, which causes significant texture bleed to the top of the hood. Additionally, due to improper texture unwrap, the red on the inside of the hood does not extend all the way around the inside and instead is cut off approximately 3/4 of the way down. The red also extends beyond where it should stop, protruding to the outside of the hood, and is not symmetrical.

See attached comparison images of the original texture vs. corrected texture.

Corrected texture provided below and at the following link: Deadly Dark Dominus final May 18 2013 - button fix - Roblox
dddfix2

Link to accessory: Deadly Dark Dominus - Roblox

Issue Area: Catalog Assets
Issue Type: Texture issue
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Gamed: 2019-06-14
Date Last Gamed: 2023-04-07

A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

To any staff reading this thread: fixing this issue is as simple as replacing TextureID within the accessory with the link to the fixed texture. Or, upload the fixed texture via the Roblox account if you must. Either way, please refrain from attempting to duplicate my work, I’ve spent over 40 hours perfecting this texture pixel by pixel and you will not do better.

I forfeit all ownership and rights of this texture to Roblox, and make no claim to it in any way, shape, or form. Roblox has full rights to this texture and I will provide this in writing if and as needed. Contact me if this is necessary.

Something worth noting is this is “the” toy code item, the best of the best, hardest to find, and most expensive on secondary market. It could only be found via the Roblox toy that was exclusively sold at 2019 San Diego Comic Con.

Being that this is the poster child for Roblox toys, the texture being anything less than perfect should be wholly unacceptable.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket in our internal database.

5 Likes

We eagerly await seeing the updated texture. If amendments need to be made, don’t hesitate to have a staff member reach out to me.

I have a lot of positive Roblox toy/toy code content that’s been on the back burner for a long time due to the texture errors, it would be great to finally record these videos.

2 Likes

I’ve just noticed a new item uploaded via the Roblox account that is linked to a user-uploaded texture and mesh, seems like there’s nothing wrong with this practice. Item

Fixing the deadly dark texture would be as simple as changing the associated TextureID to my corrected texture, an easy 5 minute fix. Would love to see this fixed soon!

Edit: I’ve made a further improvement as of May 18. All links & pictures have been updated, please use the new version.

I see Dominus Formidulosus received another new texture to finally correct the seam problem, uploaded via the Roblox account. Let’s not have half a dozen attempts at correcting the Deadly texture when I’ve provided a perfect one already, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will sign over all ownership and rights to the texture to Roblox. I don’t want credit or compensation, I just want it fixed with my texture I’ve worked hard to perfect!

Hey there! I understand I might be a bit late on the report, but I think it’s best to wait for a Roblox employee to address the following issue. Besides, they have a Roblox 3D Art Team who can create their own texture for the “Deadly Dark Dominus” if they want to. Let’s all patiently wait together, and it’ll be great! :blush: