Death Screen Module (2.0)

(This is about the updated version of the resource)

Need a death screen for your game but too lazy to make it? If your answer is yes, then this one might be for you… or not.

This module provides you everything you need for a basic death screen. You can also build on top of the structure and adjust it to work with your game.

This is how you can get it to work:

-- In a local script
local deathScreenM = game.ReplicatedStorage.DeathScreenModule
local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer

local image = "ImageId" -- new version includes this

local messages = {
   "Wake up";
   "You are not dead, this is just your dream";
}

deathScreenM:Start(player,messages,image) --> the targeted player, a table with messages (optional), image Id (optional)

-- There might be issues in the code here lol

You can even access the setting options from scripts. This means you can have different screens for different situations!

The modulehttps://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/14227073541/Death-Screen-Module-20

An example in a game

Please remember, I am not that good at keeping things simple. So there might be some small mistakes in the code.

I am open to any kind of feedback. Negative or positive, anything works for me.

Bye!

–Old version of the module here–

9 Likes

Death screen is pretty clean, great job.

1 Like

Really clean, but maybe place a menu at the end of the Dialog for the Player to restart or visit the game’s shop etc.

Otherwise, still a job well done!

1 Like

It’s alright, but could be more customizable. Plus, the code isn’t that far great. A few cleaning up is really required here.

-- showing screen
	sound1:Play()
	wait(0.3)
	game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(Frame,TweenInfo.new(1),{BackgroundTransparency = 0}):Play()
	wait(0.5)
	game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(Frame.Text1,TweenInfo.new(1),{TextTransparency = 0}):Play()
	wait(1.5)
	sound3:Play()
	write("You Died!",Frame.Text2)
	wait(6)
	game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(Frame.Text2,TweenInfo.new(1),{TextTransparency = 1}):Play()
	game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(Frame.Text1,TweenInfo.new(1),{TextTransparency = 1}):Play()
	wait(0.5)

By customizable I meant any config file or methods that allow me to modify the screen without modifying the source code.

And I just read the topic’s disclaimers so…

2 Likes

This is actually the first version of the module.

I was working on another version which was really different. By different, I mean more freedom in editing the UI and easy to understand code.

But I just gave up. Its half complete.
I might come back to that later

I think some horror game developers would unironically use this if it was done properly. As I said, you should focus on the ability to customise and improve code, using the Task Scheduler (aka task.wait()) or just use events instead of waits, using variables and have a readable source code. Once someone owns your module, they can edit it at their willing. Except if they can’t read the code, no way to do so.

Quitting already? This isn’t that bad of a resource. Again, someone will probably use it, so at least do what we said.

Hello, I saw your script and, while there were some small mistakes, it was not horrible by any means. However, it is indeed hard to edit due to the script-created assets instead of pre-made ones. I decided to remake it. While the functionality is the same, with a few exceptions, I made some changes. Feel free to check it out to see how I handled it.

Keep in mind that not everyone starts out decent on scripting it is us who improve upon our knowledge. I hope this helps you

Module: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/14221722347/Death-Notifier

Video:

2 Likes

Refactored the code cuz it was kinda silly and made the gui disappear after text is over.
Video:

1 Like

This will definitely help me. Thanks!

No problem! (I really dislike the minimum character limit)