"Deathrun" style terain plugin

Hi there,

About a year ago I made a plugin to quickly and easly recreate deathrun style terrain on roblox. I forgot about but recently decided to finish and realese it hopefully sometime within the next weak. any feedback / feature sugestions would be apreciated.

video of plugin:

Plugin ui:

Example builds:

The current method uses 4 plugins and takes a while (show in video below)

Thanks,

12 Likes

This implementation is honestly very nice and user friendly. Great job on this!

1 Like

I like this! I think this will be useful to make simple terrain or lowpoly style!

1 Like

This looks amazing! Would love to know if you ever come around to releasing this because I’d certainly support it, given that I myself have spent countless hours doing that ‘old method’. :sweat_smile:

This is really cool! Not sure how I missed this topic until now.

I’ve seen a few people make Deathrun terrain plugins throughout the years yet I still build mine by hand, haha. I do have a few notes just in case you want to learn more.

1. When I worked on Deathrun I used to build the terrain edges slightly differently. Here’s a close-up of a random wall from the old lobby. Where two ledges meet and the grass is usually joined together with the GapFill plugin, I would also add an extra part in the wall below to even out the detail. Otherwise the grassy corner would look smoother than the wall’s corner.

1. Nowadays I build my terrain slightly differently, mainly where the grassy corners are added. Instead of using GapFill on two neighboring grassy ledges immediately, I add a second layer of temporary grass that I GapFill towards instead. That way the sharpess of the grassy corner and the wall below will remain consistent. Video below for details. Only downside is the clipping grass is more noticible if you have sharper corners.

Great work though! Super cool to see people automate some random technique I stumbled upon a decade ago.

1 Like