Debugging gets slower and slower during Studio usage

I debug several times during a development session at Studio.
I realized that the more times I debug, the slower the step for each line becomes, sometimes taking almost 1 second for each F10 pressed between one line and another.
So, the only thing I found for the debug to get back to fast is to close Studio completely and reopen it.
Has anyone else noticed this?

2 Likes

@MisterGreenTurtle
As you asked me in PM, you can simulate this gradual slowness while debugging by following these steps:

1. Open the project I sent via DM: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/project-file/948846
  2. Publish it before running (due to DataStore)
  3. Set a breakpoint in a line, for example, 757
  4. Run
  5. Once debug pauses in that line, start debugging some lines (F10 or F11)
  6. Stop the project
  7. Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 many times. You’ll notice that each time you start debugging again, the debugging steps (F10 or F11) will get slower.
1 Like

Have noticed this as well. Two days ago I was trying to debug an issue and it got to the point where every step I’d have the mind and time to glance at discord on my other monitor between clicking the button and Studio doing something (~1.5 seconds).

I might as well have just added hundreds of print statements through the code paths I was looking at; it would have taken less time to read and analyze the output, fix the bug, and remove all the print statements than it did to use the debugger to figure out the problem.

2 Likes

Almost 1 YEAR have passed and nothing has been done so far.
It becomes practically IMPOSSIBLE to debug longer code.
When will something be done?

Can you by any chance relate to this post? ModuleScript Script analysis crashing Studio (memory leak + potential computer crash) - #2 by ShutzCh

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.