Decal breaks in-game when equipped and on top of a UnionOperation

Hey!

I’ve encountered an honestly weird bug recently when working on adding new keycards for my game.

When I add a Decal to this specific UnionOperation, it fails to appear in-game when being equipped.
I’ve tested with this issue to see if it could be an issue on my end, but came to these conclusions:

• The decal appears on studio perfectly, until equipped
  • If the tool is unequipped, the decal will appear
  • As soon as the tool is equipped, the decal will disappear / become invisible
  • This issue exists in both studio debug and in-game using the Roblox Client
  • Bug can be reproduced with textures, however the behavior is inconsistent - some times textures show up, and some times they don’t (when equipped) – offsets also seem different when equipped than when not

The keycard looks like this:
However, the same keycard fails to show the decal when equipped.
You can see this both in studio and in-game. It will appear as long as it is not being equipped.

Adding this card to the same card but under a normal Part with transparency 1 works as a work around for now, but creates this very ugly effect as a consequence:

Hence why I’d like to have a fix on this hopefully somewhat soon.

Here’s the repro:
Decal Union Bug Repro.rbxl (27.6 KB)

This looks like it’s related to this issue, since tools are parented to the character when they’re equipped:

Thanks!

4 Likes

I’ve had this bug happen to me as well back in June of last year, specifically a decal on a union inside of a tool, that becomes invisible when equipping the tool to the character.
I tried reunioning in different positions for probably an hour or two and gave up when the decal refused to show up. My union still decalless :cry: