Decal Width Being Resized

Hello! I have a decal which seems to have it’s width resized when uploaded to Roblox, here is an image of the it uploaded to Roblox, and below is what is it should look like
Uploaded to Roblox: image

What it is suppose to look like: image

What could I do to fix this? Any explanations on how other people upload their decals to not scale would be appreciated, my current method is a blender render image, then I edit anything needed like lighting on photoshop.

So this is a decal on a Part? If you make the decal size at 100x100 pixels (or equivalent scale) and put it on a 3 stud by 4 stud Part it will stretch to the size of the Part.
If the Part has to be 3x4 then the decal has to be 75x100 pixels (or equivalent scale) so it scales properly.

No this is just uploading the decal,

I just resized it to 100 px * 100px and it still looks like this. Also I know it’s possibly I did it earlier with a different method by just snapshotting a photo of the item infront of a green screen, but that did not work because here is the results, you can see it is outlined with blue image

That’s great, but what size is the Part you are putting it on?
If it’s square then the 100x100 (or 800x800, or 273x273, whatever) decal will work.
If your part is a rectangle then a square decal won’t work correctly.

Try stretching the Part you are putting the decal on until it’s square and you’ll see what I mean.

That’s not what I care about, I want my decals to look good in my inventory and not like a flaming mess and was wondering how to fix that, I am aware that I could resize it on a part and make it look fine.

1 Like