Decal wrapping issues on mesh

Hello everyone. I have an issue. I’m making shipping containers for a train in my game. The train itself isn’t included in this issue, just the containers. See, my containers have custom logos based off real logos and designs in real life. I made the custom logos and uploaded them as Decals, shown below in Figure 1.

Figure 1.wmv (817.9 KB)

I originally was going to just make the logo physically into the container as I usually do for almost all my meshes and designs, but the triangles turned out to be 4-fold over the limit Roblox accepted, so I had to get creative. I took all the shipping containers and cut out a little square or rectangular piece where the logo would go, and just import it that way, and id just put the decal/logo right onto that piece. This was working up until I had to put the decals on. As shown in Figure 2 below, you can see how the logos/decals don’t completely wrap around each of the bevels of the container wall.

Figure 2.wmv (2.3 MB)

My question is this: What can I do, if anything, to fix this and make it wrap completely around? I’m also wondering if there’s a way I can resize the decals and make them longer, shorter, taller, lower, etc. I’m not too familiar with GUI or Decals, so I haven’t really messed around with this a whole lot. Anything you can recommend will be greatly appreciated.

If you need more information, just let me know.

Best regards,
Duke

1 Like

You could create a texture for the model.

1 Like

I assume that’s something that relates to Blender.

I could attempt that, but I’m not 100% sure I could do it. I’ll try it though.

Oh, my bad haha. This isnt what i was thinking. Ill try it and see how it works.

Update: it still did the same thing with the bevels not showing them. Plus the image showed up multiple times per stud, and i wasn’t able to resize it and bring it into view where i needed it to be, simply with the settings in properties.

Did you use a surface apperance for it?

I didn’t. I can try that also, and I’ll get back to you.

Update: doesn’t work

so making a texture in blender(or 3d modeling program) and applying it on the model as a surface appearance didn’t work?

Oh I didn’t make it in blender and apply it, although I don’t know how that works. I can look up a video and try it out.

Heres a good video for it! How to Use the New ROBLOX Surface Appearance PBR Texture Feature Using Substance Painter - YouTube

Apologies for the late response. Thanks, ill take a look and try it.

1 Like

Okay, so ive tried a lot of your responses, but I figured ill just do it the easy way and ill just have them face flat instead of with the design of the container (basically ill just have the logo hovering in front of the container. This will also allow me to resize it as I please). This will do, but I appreciate everyone’s help, and I do apologize if I took forever to respond to some people. Thanks for all your help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.