Decals glitching

Hello developers!
I am working on a game and when i tried to input a decal this happens:

I already tried to search up online to solve this problem, but theres no information.
If you know how to solve this problem, please help me.

I believe it’s just a future lighting issue, since future isn’t well optimized yet. Or you put the decal too close to the wall? It happens to me when I do that.

How should the decal look like? If it is is stretched, add a invisible background or resize the brick. Make sure the size is ok too.

If the issue is that’s it is turning a bit transparent when Camera is rotating, make use the transparent part is totally on the wall and not a bit apart of it

Yes, the issue is that decal turning a bit tranparent when camera is rotation. I already tried to put the part right on the wall, doesn’t helps.

I would try to change lighting like @cheesy_roblox190 said but if that doesn’t work they to delete the decal and try again if that doesn’t work then I would try to remake in it a baseplate and if that doesn’t work then try changing the wall color that might have something to do with it

1 Like

I tried to change decal or delete and add decal again, but that doesn’t helps.

Try making the part the decal is on thicker, or move it away from the wall slightly.
You can try moving it further from the wall, so it doesn’t touch it, and see if the problem is still happening.
It may also be because the decal’s transparency is low.
I hope I could help! :slight_smile:

That’s odd. That usually works for me. Is it a free decal or did you make it?

I did make it. I tried to input any other decal and the decal is still glitching

Already tried all of this methods, doesn’t helps.

Ok I was gonna say if you didn’t make it it could have a virus. But, it wouldn’t make sense if it had a virus because the virus would not just glitch your decal it would do something else. Maybe try to remake it. If that does not work then idk what to tell you or how to fix it. Edit: I would try and see if the walls collide if that is happening it will glitch the entire wall and everything on it.

Just a lighting error. You can try using a SurfaceGui and setting LightInfluence to 0 (because it still has the same lighting glitch at 1) if you don’t care about having shadows on it or upload a meshpart for the wall and texture it with the image on it in blender

Solution: you have to copy the wall model, change its transparency to 1 and input a decal in to it, or you can input decal right into the wall model.