Decals won't upload? (macOS High Sierra/Safari 11)

Since updating to macOS High Sierra, attempting to upload any images as decals on the Develop page simply does not work. The filename doesn’t appear in the title field and clicking Upload does absolutely nothing. Attempting to upload decals directly through Studio doesn’t work either, though that at the very least presented an error message (although attempting to do so now doesn’t even bring up the decal-upload prompt). I’m doing this on a late 2016 Touch Bar MacBook Pro on macOS 10.13 High Sierra. My guess is that this issue might be related to High Sierra updating the filesystem to APFS?

Anybody else out there encountering this problem?

Can you provide the following information?

• The error message you get when uploading through Studio (screenshot preferable)
  • What browser are you using? Safari?
  • If you open the console for your browser (F12 for chrome, Cmd+Option+K on Firefox, Cmd+Option+C on Safari), can you screenshot any errors that pop up there when you upload images?
  • Is this only for images, or are you unable to upload meshes/etc as well?

Same mac, just uploaded & had no trouble

24 PM

I have a lot of issues with safari and roblox. The reason I still use it (most likely same as you is because of it’s immense speed). To solve issues such as this - I experience others like the games page not loading, other buttons not functioning etc (I think I made a thread about this a while ago) - I change my User Agent to “Google Chrome - macOS”. I think you have to enable developer mode in Safari preferences and then you should have a new Develop tab from which you can select the desired User Agent.

1 Like
  • “Failed to create image. Upload failed. Make sure what you’re uploading is an image.” I’ve tried this multiple times with multiple files of multiple compatible filetypes, all of which repeatedly have this happen.

• Already mentioned in the post title. Safari 11.

• No additional errors seem to show up when attempting to upload, but this is what immediately shows up when navigating to the Decal page.

• Just tried uploading some audio too and that didn’t seem to work either. Exact same issue as the attempt at decal uploading. The filename doesn’t appear in the title field and clicking Estimate Price does nothing.

Just tried this, still doesn’t work for me.

Can you attach one of the images you’ve tried uploading as a file to this thread?

roofshingles