Decoded's Difficulty Chart Obby - Feedback

Hello.

I’ve recently allotted more time to develop on Roblox, so I’ve been getting back into old projects.

So far, the most successful game that I’ve owned and created is Decoded’s Difficulty Chart Obby. I released it over a year ago, but it’s been dormant ever since due to a loss of time. As I was publishing a quick QoL update, I realized that I’ve never asked for feedback on the DevForum.

I’d love some thoughts. Keep this in mind.

Thank you.

1 Like

Ohhh boy, another difficulty chart game that is just wrong.

First issue; the difficulty chart itself.

Something you may not be aware of is that the original difficulty chart obbies were based of another games difficulty chart, that game being Juke’s Towers of Hell.

Here are that games difficulties:

(Last 2 are non-canon)

The “Effortless” difficulty is the worst thing to ever be added to any of these games, it makes the start incredibly boring.

Idk what you’ve done to the camera, but why does it rotate when I hold down A or D? It shouldn’t do that.

For the music, it would be better to have it zoned to fit the difficulty its in.
For example, easy has upbeat music with plenty of instruments.
Some of the last difficulties have music thats just… empty.

When wraps are taught to the player, they should have the option to walk around it.

I’m not sure if this is supposed to be a flick or not, but I couldn’t get up without doing a ladder flick.

These are too hard for the difficulty they’re on.

What on earth. Remove this. It just looks impossible.

Remove this too. Way too many frame perfects in a row.

You know what? Remove your whole game.
I’m not playing it no more.

I can’t even word this stuff politely, so I’ll say exactly what I’m thinking;

To put it simply, your game sucks.

It ramps up in difficulty too fast and straight up contains near impossible jumps on lower difficulties, as well as not even following the correct difficulty chart.

Some jumps I was doing on the red difficulty would probably line up with JToHs Insane difficulty, while also having jumps that lined up with JToHs Medium difficulty.

Its inconsistent, too hard and a joke of a difficulty chart obby.

A lot of jumps were in the wrong difficulties which started back in EFFORTLESS and I would imagine continues to the end.

The only advice I can give you to fix it is to just restart the entire obby. Make it balanced and match up with difficulties instead of having one easy jump followed by the hardest possible jump ever.

EDIT:

This is how a difficulty chart obby should look:

This is how yours looks:

(Its inaccurate in the way I forgot to add dips to casual/easy)

1 Like

I agree with the guy above, this needs work

I cant get past lvl 134, its too hard

However, the thing that really irks me is that you have autojump on, and the UI is bugging me too, have an option to hide it

2 Likes

I should’ve mentioned that the game is entirely my own creation except for the obby itself. I didn’t build it.

I’ve already told my builder about most of your points, but I’m afraid I’m stuck with what I currently have because he no longer does such business. I’ve already adjusted an unimaginable amount of things with his builds, but I can only do so much given my minimal expertise.

Do you have feedback regarding other aspects of the game?
(such as below)

i had to lean full on my desk to even see what you were referencing here. i have no words

for other aspects of the game other than the difficulties themselves i can second most everything that was already stated here so i wont go into that, mostly the UI blocking parts of my screen / wish i could hide it
1 Like

The music was a little loud, and the UI was a little too big.

Maybe research that someone knows what they’re doing before getting them to make something.
Yes you can be a builder, but if you can make a balanced and consistently difficult obby is a different question entirely.

The really dumb thing about that is that it was possible, and I somehow managed to do it.
I think the hitbox on it was larger than it was visually, which just… why?

I had no words when I saw it, I couldn’t believe that something like THAT was put in a game UNIRONICALLY.

yeah if i had to recommend anything for “reviving” this game, one of the first things would be to hire a new builder who has apparent experience

i have a good feeling that this builder kind of set what he built and left it instead of constantly playtesting it to level its difficulty
for example those frame perfects you mentioned were probably tested once and then pasted 3 or 4 times, making an exponentially harder obstacle

1 Like

Alright, beat the game. Heres what I have to say after beating it.

Restart the obby. Find someone who can actually build one or build one yourself.
Some jumps that were supposed to be hard could easily be skipped
(Look at the last jump, its supposed to be wall hops but you can just from wall to wall making it much easier)

The last levels were easier than previous ones and the final 2 difficulties were easier than hard.

It also appears that most of, if not all the obby was not tested at all, as I managed to skip an entire 4 levels in 1 jump and of course, its the most unbalanced obby on all of roblox.

The UI is too large and music is again, too loud. Plus settings don’t save which is annoying.