Dedicated DevEx Support Channel

As a Roblox Developer I have only experienced eerily long response times for urgent and important matters regarding DevEx.

I’m not sure how the current system works internally; but, externally - the front-end view is completley isolating and not reassuring.

The Roblox support page isn’t even appropriate for the type of matter given the options provided - and more importantly; doesn’t even provide options that account for what Developers will be contacting Roblox about.

Once you submit through this portal you do get an email telling you your ticket number like any other support inquiry. Once they decide to follow-up (if at all) the whole conversation would be based off that initial ticket email they sent.

However, due to the nature of this system it almost feels as if you’re talking to nothing most of the time and getting ghost responses in return. Additionally, it feels as if these responses get lost a majority of the time.

We used to have a dedicated DevEx email which seemed more personable and predictable - since we knew EXACTLY that somebody on the other end would be directly affiliated with DevEx and would directly get that email rather than through a system that most likely redirects them.

We no longer have that system which was better at; being more convienent, coming off as more personable, and establishing a clear line of communication.

What caused me to be more aware of this issue is that I’ve been trying to get access back to my DevEx tipalti account (since I lost access to the original email). I sent a request almost a year back, and was ghosted for some time - was asked to verify my identity and never got a response back. I then sent a request a couple months back again asking the very same thing, got further than the ID process this time and made it to them almost about to reset my email/password – only for them to ghost me again and leave me unprompted for over a month now.

I don’t blame them for this specifically since I suspect their internal system isn’t fit for this type of exchange.

I typically DevEx in large volume and having access to my account is very important; this is why I believe having an officially established and separate channel of communication will greatly improve said experience.

12 Likes

There used to be a dedicated devex email address that you could reach out to for devex needs. I can only assume that the only reason why it got discontinued is cus they just wanted to have one support place rather than many and just merged them.

3 Likes

There used to yeah - I mentioned this specifically in my post so I could illustrate the differences in quality of service between their current implementation and how it used to be.

I agree that it most likely was to simplify their entire support stack; however, it’s very clear that the execution of that merge was just forced and not carefully considered.

1 Like

But they did create new e-mails for takedown requests and devrel stuff lol I don’t see why would they do that then

Those emails have existed for years and are not handled by support. Not sure what you’re trying to argue here lol.

They’re brand new though? The DevEx email is the one that’s being old. I just checked and the ones I’ve mentioned aren’t even 1 year old yet! + they are because the support page has the same categories and if you use those emails it shows you an average support bot reply lol