Default Animate script not working

Hello, recently I was creating a npc and I put my animate script into the dummy, but it doesn’t animate the npc. Whenever it moves it doesn’t play the run animation. The game is in R6 is that a problem? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Any ideas why this happen or is it just a studio glitch?

Are they your animations? (30char)

Nope I even tried on another place and it still didn’t work. Could be I used a dummy from the tool box?
https://www.roblox.com/library/refer/1197262298/R6-Roblox-Dummy?Category=Models&SortType=Relevance&SortAggregation=AllTime&CreatorId=0&Page=1&Position=6&SearchId=5e5eefb3-d1fa-4db6-9514-6c4ad74dc200

If you don’t want custom animations, take an Animate script from the toolbox and copy Roblox’s default animation IDs and add them into your animation IDs. This can be in an Animation or the Script/LocalScript you’re using.

1 Like

set animation priority to action

Yes it works thank you! It turns out the default animate script wouldn’t work because it was a local script. Thank you!

Hey,

The animate script can be a LocalScript. It’s just that the animation IDs might have been connected to Animations you don’t own.

It’s the default animate script for a npc not the player. So for some reason it didn’t work as a local script. Probably cause it’s under workspace.