Default animations playing at the same time as the tool animations

When the player moves, the animation that I created plays but I believe the default animations also play despite me setting the priority to movement.

I looked at this post (Stop default animations from overlapping with my animation) to see if the solution could help me, (adding all of the players parts to the animation), yet it still did not work.

4 Likes

Try changing the Animation Priority higher than Movement in Animation Editor

1 Like

I set the priority to Action, which I’m pretty sure is higher than movement, and it didn’t change anything.

Thats odd, did you republish it? in Roblox?

Yeah, republished and used the ID

Did you double check if the Animation Priority changed to Action? sometimes it happens

That one also ↓

I just reuploaded it (9408926888) to make sure its set to action. Tested it and same result… Also I changed my character size to 60%, and it did not change anything… I feel like this should be the easiest part of tools but it’s the thing I’ve been stuck on the longest haha.

It shows all of this. The action (at the bottom of all the text) is my animation.
Also yes, down to 60%. I was at 100% mainly because it looked funny.

Wait may i see what the Original Animation looks like? In Animation Editor

Reupload the animation without the leg movements

That fixed the leg movements, but one of the arms are still messed up. Maybe I’ll reanimate these and only do the top half and make sure everything above the legs are animated even just a little bit.

If it fixes everything, I’ll make this the solution.

Oh wait i think i know what might be the problem, Look at your Animation Editor’s Tab, There are spots which doesnt have Keyframes (and because Roblox Animations PLAY OVER other Animations, Roblox animations FILL those gaps (Spots without Keyframes) which produces those odd movements).

Soo maybe filling those area with Keyframes (Right Click on that spot and “Add Keyframe here” would fix it.

Great deduction skills isn’t it? B)

2 Likes

I did “Add all” when you press the plus (+) next to the name + IK thing, but I didn’t add keyframes. I assume that’s what the person from the other post meant, I guess I just misunderstood them.

yup try it, and tell me the results

keyframes are those diamond thingies, add it on each part

It works!

Solution:
Add every part to the animation (If you’re using Animation Editor, there’s a plus (+) under the frame number, which shows the parts you can add, and at the bottom there’s “Add all” which can also be pressed. Add a keyframe for every part by pressing the three dots and pressing “Add keyframe” for every part. The keyframes do not have to be moved or changed, as long as a keyframe exists default animations will not overlap it.

2 Likes