"Default" Avatar Profile Picture leads to the wrong FullBody view

We all like to have fun with our avatar pose and angles

But sometimes we just want to go back to the original pose that you get with a new untouched account

And I believe the engineers at Roblox recognized this, and thus gave us the “Default” button on the page where we edit our angles.

This button definitely makes your profile picture go back to normal, but it DEFINITELY does not make the full picture of your avatar go back to Normal , instead it makes your full body view take on the same angles as the profile picture, which is absolutely not the original angle.

Png-25

The default Full Body view cannot be manually set through the mobile app or even directly through running code on your browser, since the particular X rotation of it is out of the input bounds. I understand why the input bounds were set in place, but I would expect the “default” button to bypass this and just give my normal angle back

Im not sure if the original avatar angle set up works the same way as the interface we have, because I’ve tried to get close to the default angle, it would look almost satisfactory using r6 but then seem way off while using r15. Makes me think Roblox had different presets for each body style? Nonetheless, we expect to be able to have our avatar look like we never changed our pose, because for some of us, the subtle details of the default angle are very endearing :cry: And it takes a lot of time, patience and precision to get back to anything close to it

System Information: iPhone 13 Pro Max

Expected behavior

I would expect to see my avatar as it would be if I never edited my profile picture.

28 Likes

To add on to this, the headshot actually doesn’t actually get set to the original angle either - here’s the difference between two accounts with the exact same avatar, one using the ‘default’ option, and one which is untouched. (both R15)
untouchedacc
Untouched profile picture

defaultacc
Using the ‘default’ option in the profile picture editor

As you can see, one is noticeably more zoomed in than the other. I really hope Roblox changes this soon.

8 Likes

I mostly wish that Roblox would allow for more customization for the pfp editor. It just feels off no matter what angle I use and I feel limited to how much personalization I can have on it.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

16 Likes

Has there been any updates on this?

6 Likes

Any update on this? I posted a similar feature request and it’s gone unanswered

2 Likes

Is there an update on this ?? Because my full body view is completely bugged and doesn’t show my correct position when using accessories… My whole character is completely wrong in this view.
IMG_3846

2 Likes

It looks so weird dude

4 Likes

Any updates? This has been a persistent issue since the profile picture update released and I’m quite surprised and disappointed Roblox didn’t think of implementing a function in which users could restore their profile pictures to its default angle/zoom when creating the profile picture feature.

3 Likes

If you own a PFP UGC item. It becomes easy to ignore the Default fault

1 Like