Default Chat Bubbles - Glitching across screen

Experienced in multiple games including: Soro's Italian Restaurant - Roblox

Multiple users are experiencing this.

At first I thought it may be an issue relating to the modifications I made to default chat, so I disabled it and as it’s still concurring I’m gonna assume it is an issue on Roblox’s side.

As shown in the images below, chat bubbles seem to fly across, and cover the clients screen.

23 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this same issue on a few other games. It seems to happen whenever someone I’m standing close to is chatting.

4 Likes

Seen this glitch every-time i talk since last night

4 Likes

Further review suggests this is not limited to Soro’s and can be seen across all games.

Hope this gets fixed.

2 Likes

Been noticing this in my game as well.

At first I thought it was an NPC or something, but there were none.

2 Likes

I’ve received many complaints about this in my games as well (as of yesterday).

It also freaks out if you resize the open Roblox window, but that’s probably another different issue.

2 Likes

Seen it in one game, thought it only affected that game. Guess I was mistaken.

1 Like

I’ve experienced this with a few of my billboard GUIs, it seems to be related to a recent update, if you have your BGUis in a ScreenGui and have their Adornee set to a part, instead of having them parented to a part, that glitch would occur. Since this is probably a bad explanation, I’ve also gone ahead and attached a repro below.
bguiGlitchRepro.rbxl (16.7 KB)

3 Likes

I’ve noticed it in almost every game I have been in, including Jailbreak, Mt. Everest RP, TRC Church, etc. It is doing it in all sorts and different types of games.

1 Like

This seems to happen I my game only when I’m standing next to another BillboardGui.

1 Like

It happens with my BillboardGuis and they are parented to a folder in workspace, not PlayerGui.

1 Like

Seems like it happens aslong as they’re not parented to a BasePart, just a theory though.

1 Like

Having issues with this in Welcome to Bloxburg as well.

3 Likes

Well, it’s good to know it’s not something I’m doing wrong.

Yes this is a problem I am also experiencing.

Thanks for this. I just spent hours trying to figure out why my billboardGUIs were rendering twice. Hopefully we see a fix soon!

2 Likes

Still happening, seems to get worse the longer I’m in a game.

1 Like

I’ve experienced the same, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I’ve been experiencing this for about two weeks. It seems to happen to me when my character is close to a wall, for example.

1 Like

It is still indeed happening in games that use chat bubbles. Even almost a month after this thread was created.

2 Likes