Default Clothing Package Problem

I’ve noticed a problem with the penguin package (and probably others which work in a similar way). When you equip packages which are meant to cover your torso with a texture included in the package, it no longer works unless you’re wearing a transparent shirt. This is because of the default clothing system trying to prevent me from wearing nothing. Instead I get the undesired red shirt, and with R15 I also get body color patches on my upper arms.
R6

R15

Note: the same result is seen in game as well as on the avatar preview. (this should be moved to #bug-reports:client-bugs)

4 Likes

There’s no penguin torso texture to my knowledge. I guess the solution would to wear a shirt that matches the penguin package, as it seems there isn’t any torso texture.

1 Like

This has lead me to find an even odder problem, R6 does texture the torso, R15 doesn’t. I rushed the bug report as I was going out so didn’t have much time to test everything. If you wear the penguin package and no shirt and you play test in studio, you can simply remove the forced shirt from the character, upon doing this, with R6 enabled you get the penguin torso:

However, with R15 the torso and upper arms are body colors:

It also forces the default pants with this package, however, it is unnoticeable as the texture appears to have a higher z-index.

1 Like

The reason for this is that R6 packages use a CharacterMesh class which has a BaseTextureId property. This texture contains the penguin torso image which only shows up only if not covered by shirts or pants. R15 uses MeshParts so there is no base texture.

2 Likes

discovered this today

2 Likes

I think this has been fixed now?
Or is this a bug?

Nope it hasn’t been fixed for me