Default Loading screen not responding to "RemoveDefaultLoadingScreen" command

I’m really new to scripting and I was trying to create my own loading screen using this code:19%20PM
But when I tested the game the default loading screen was still there…
Any ideas?

And yes, I have looked up this topic on the Forum but it didn’t seem to help my situation

4 Likes

Hey, Is your script a localscript and located in ReplicatedFirst?

1 Like

33%20PM
I created it in StarterGui first and then moved it to ReplicatedFirst

1 Like

Have you tried testing it outside of studio? It may be the problem, most of the time Studio does not display custom loading screens and the only way to see them is to go in-game and test them.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it outside of studio since I keep my games private

1 Like

Playing private games is available if you own the game. Go ahead and test it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do I just get on Roblox and go to my creations?

1 Like

Yeah. Also I found an error in your code that may cause it
You clone a GUI that is called LoadingScreen while the GUI Name is Loading Screen

Line 6 Should be local GUI = script['Loading Screen']:Clone()

2 Likes

Like this?
07%20PM
I tested it out on the Studio and it still didn’t work. And when I get to my Roblox account it only shows my public games and none of my private games:

Without the . before the ['Loading Screen'] Also do not forget to put a space between loading and screen.

3 Likes

It worked on the studio but I still can’t find it on my profile on the app

1 Like

It’s okay, If it works in studio it works in-game too!

1 Like

Writing out names for objects without spaces usually makes things easier for you. In cases where you need the name property for displaying something (such as a Humanoid name), NPCs are usually “wrapped” in another model or referenced in some other way.

Normally I wouldn’t ever put spaces in my object names. The only people who see those are myself and potentially anyone else with game access either via team create or group game permissions. Lack of spaces makes things easier to work with in my experience.

2 Likes